About the Firm
Reputable Law Firm Advocates for Injured Workers in Los Angeles
Strong legal support for Southern California residents who suffer injuries on the job
Accidents can happen anywhere. But when they happen at work, injured employees may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. At the Law Offices of David H. Black in Santa Monica, our highly responsive attorneys have 70 years of combined experience advocating for the rights of workers in Southern California. We understand that you may be stressed about missing work and dealing with mounting medical bills. Our skilled legal team assists you with every stage of your workers’ compensation case, from filing your claim to appealing a Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board decision. Whether you are injured in an office, on a construction site, or on the docks, we are committed to helping you obtain the reimbursement you need to rebuild your life.
Knowledgeable injury lawyers deliver high-quality representation
For the past 30 years, our law firm has been dedicated to upholding the rights of injured workers in the Golden State. Having helped many employees like you obtain compensation, we have a deep understanding of workers’ comp laws in California. Injured workers choose us when they need trusted representation because of our:
- Strong recommendations — Clients and colleagues alike recommend us to friends and family for workers' comp cases because they are aware of our skill and successful track record.
- Highly responsive counsel — As an injured worker, you need immediate legal help. Our lawyers never delay in helping you with your claim and keep you informed throughout the process so you always know where you stand.
- Unique solutions — Our legal team recognizes that your situation is unique. We tailor our counsel to meet the challenges of your case so that you receive the benefits you’re entitled to.
When a job injury prevents you from working and living your life, you need experienced guidance. Our firm offers a free initial consultation so we can discuss your case and give you a full understanding of the claims process.
Areas of Practice
Comprehensive workers’ compensation counsel
Throughout Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, we advocate for clients in workers’ compensation
cases involving a range of injuries and illnesses. The types of cases we handle include:
- Repetitive stress injuries — We represent workers suffering from repetitive stress injuries, affecting tendons and other parts of the musculoskeletal system, which can result from any type of work involving repetitive motion.
- Construction site accidents — Whether you are injured while operating a construction vehicle, because of falling debris, or because of some other construction site hazard, our attorneys are determined to press for the full compensation you deserve.
- Industrial injuries — Individuals who work in factories, chemical facilities, power plants, and other industrial sites are exposed to countless hazards on a regular basis. Having decades of workers’ comp experience, we understand your injuries may be extensive, and we are prepared to work diligently to help you file a successful claim or appeal a denial.
- Longshore and harbor worker injuries — Those who are injured while engaged in physically demanding maritime employment are covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) and its extension acts. We will work for the recovery you’re entitled to for compensation, medical care and vocational rehabilitation.
You can trust that our lawyers are entirely focused on doing what is in your best interests. To that end, we operate on a contingency fee basis — we only get paid if you recover compensation.
Contact an experienced team of workers’ compensation lawyers today
The Law Offices of David H. Black champions the rights of injured workers in Southern California by helping them to obtain the workers’ compensation benefits they are entitled to. Please call 310-746-5448 or contact us online
to arrange a free initial consultation at our Santa Monica office.